Adventurous April

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!
 
 
 
This is our resident ballerina in THE CHRISTMAS CAROL ballet - as the ghost of Christmas future.  It was an amazing performance with an original score by David Messenger, accompanied by a choir and the Teton Chamber Orchestra.  It was moving and epic.  All the dancers brought their very best.  Congratulations to all the students of Studio One.
 
 
Once we finished the performance, the rush of Christmas preparations descended upon us ... but there really seemed to be no time to do all that had to be done.  Christmas has come despite that, and we are calling it good.  Luckily, our celebration (unlike many folks around this area who seem to toss Christmas at 12:01 a.m. on the 26th) last through New Year's Day.  There's still time to do the very last of the tradition baking and get-togethers.  We host a party on the 31st, so I am content with what I've managed to do thus far.  Neighbor gifts were made and delivered.  Presents are 90% delivered (we hope to do the remaining two families this afternoon).  The presents are all wrapped, and the resident ballerina is upstairs primping for our traditional dinner at Olive Garden followed by church.  She purchased a new dress (emerald green satin covered by black lace) on sale ($15 for a dressy dress?  Go shopping girl!) 
 
 
I know it has been a long absence, but life has been rather difficult.  Mom's health problems have continued and she has begun to experience the growing confusion of old age.  It breaks my heart, but it is something we are learning to deal with.  Patience, patience, patience, backed up with lots and lots of love.
 
My sis has struggled as well.  She is having a real time with kidney stones.  They are becoming far too frequent, but she has luckily managed to pass them all thus far.  Through trial and error, she is discovering which foods seem to trigger their formation.  Hopefully they will become less frequent, since weekly is NO fun.
 
 
My body must have felt left out, because in August I had a reaction to prednisone the doctor put me on for an ear/sinus infection.  It caused me to go into complete chemical imbalance.  Very frightening, and I am still recovering.  My iron levels are still not up to the doctor's standards, so he is giving me one last blood test at the end of the month.  If I fail that one, he will schedule an iron infusion.  Boo!  Come on red blood cells, you can do it! 
 
 
Given all that, the blog was the last thing on my mind.  I'm feeling better though, so here I am again.  Hope your holidays are happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment