Adventurous April

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Daylight Savings Time - My Love/Hate Relationship

Time to fall back.  Some folks refer to the spring counterpart as "springing forward."  I refer to it as "falling forward."  On your face.  Hard.  I hate messing with the time.

So, you would think that I would love this time change.  I tolerate it better, but I still hate it.  I don't like seeing the sun set before 5:00 p.m.  It depresses me.  Of course, going to work when it is pitch dark out and kids are walking to school with flashlights is ridiculous too.  Lose-lose in my book.

Yup Cheri, whine and moan.  What's your solution?  Believe it or not, I have one.  A good one!  Give us every drop of light at night that we can get.  Don't fall back.  Okay?  That solves the whole sickeningly early sunset issue.

On the other end, don't mess with the clocks - change the schedules!  Let's all start work and school an hour later.  Perfection, right?  You know you secretly love the idea.  Sleep in an extra hour in the morning.  Go to work in the daylight.  Enjoy some extra daylight at night. 

Of course, no one listens to me.  Apparently Ben Franklin has more street cred than yours truly.  I still like my idea though ...

 
We all need a little more time to hibernate
during the winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment