Adventurous April

Saturday, January 21, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things ...

It's late on a Saturday, but tonight I thought I'd do a list of some of my favorite things.  A tribute of sorts to Janetha of Meals and Moves, a girl who loves her lists. 

1.     Snow (in its season).  I'm a seasonal kind of girl.  When it's winter, I want to see snow.  I seriously believe that winter (and that fluffy form of precip) is nature's way of saying "Will you slow down already?" 




2.  Iced Chai Tea (Tazo Tea from Starbucks esp.)  There's something about that combination of spices that is just so comforting to me!  It is my weekend endulgence.  Frankly, I just love Starbucks.  I like their attitude, I like curling up by their fireplace, and I like the people who wander through the door.  They have the nicest baristas in town.




3.     Studio One's dancers.   I spend most of my time with them.  One of them is mine.  I think they're wonderful.  In a world that seems to encourage girls to be cutthroat and competitive, these girls are all about lifting one another to be their best.  You've gotta love that.



4.     Snow days.  There's nothing quite as much fun as waking up and then hearing that schools are closed for the day.  It's like this incredible gift of time.  Time to put something in the crockpot, curl up by the fireplace, and revel in coziness.




5.     Old Movies.   I love TCM.  Give me Cary Grant over Hugh Grant any day. 



6.     My daughter.   We spent such a fun day together today, and then she went in to work with me tonight.  How did I ever get so lucky?


7.  Blogs and Bloggers.  Yup, I like them.  I'm a fan of several,  in particular  Peas and Thank You, Danica's Daily, and Meals and Moves










Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment